Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) mirrors the society in which we want to live. It applies to large or small companies which can improve their economic, environmental or social performance ratings on a small or large scale. It applies to employees, shareholders, suppliers and consumers, the local community in which companies operate, with whom they have shared values and a shared vision. It applies to similar businesses across all of Europe which want to share common values and principles, and above all applies to our children and next generations who expect to live in a world that respects our fellow man and the environment.
EYATH views CSR as a business opportunity that creates mutual benefits for the company and the local community it operates in. With that in mind, EYATH:
- Is exploring innovative procedures and automated processes to optimise day-to-day operations at its facilities and ensure better customer service (e-transactions, web-banking, payments via an extensive network of supermarkets, and other similar ideas).
- Is responding to the current needs of the local community by introducing a social tariff for vulnerable groups and developing debt repayment schemes.
- Is working in partnership with similar European companies and bodies as part of research activities on the impact of climate change on aquifers, helping promote solutions to stimulate sustainable development in our area and the wider SE Europe region.
- Is cultivating ecological awareness among consumers thanks to info-campaigns and daily visits by tens of primary and secondary school pupils to the Water Supply Museum (which operates in an old central pumping station in former Sfagia area of Thessaloniki).
- Is participating in the worldwide celebrations of World Water Day (22 March) and World Environment Day (5 June) by hosting info-events for the general public.
- Is supporting the activities of local bodies and organisations relating to the environment and water.
- Is investing in developing its employees’ skills and encouraging life-long learning.
EYATH’s strategic goal is to highlight its vital ties to the local community and ensure that it has a positive environmental footprint that safeguards the environment for future generations.